Friday, December 7, 2012

A few funnies



I like to collect funnies.

This is for my friend Robyn

 
Don McKim and I are very intelligent and funny after beverages...

A rug we need at our house...

 
This week seemed long. My overall supervisor Brian, announced recently that he is retiring at the end of the year. He turned 60 this year, and he has not been in the best health...his back has bothered him for months. I feel like I owe my DNR career start to Brian, and I'm sad to see him leave the department - though I'm happy for him. When I quit my job at the Union County Landfill, I began applying for jobs, but had my eye on DNR positions - particularly one in Brian's area. I saw him at a conference in the fall of 2008 in Ottumwa, and he was nice enough to give me a heads up about the position I eventually got.

Even though Brian oversees 3 other sections besides ours, he has a special interest in my Environmental Management System program - so that will be a big change for me, when he leaves. The head of the next level up - Creston's own Bill Ehm won't fill the position until Brian is gone. It will be interesting to see how that goes!

Pablo and I headed to Adel today to get our driver's licenses updated. We were able to register to vote, and we registered for our Homestead Credit. So it's official now - we're Dallas County residents. And I miss my Creston Homies and neighbors. But I sure like my curbside recycling bin!
Every other week they come pick it up!

No comments: