Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Reality Bites

I'm readjusting to my former schedule. It sucks. That's okay...I'll get over it. The fact that Paul isn't here anymore.  And there is no East Village loft with a black wiener dog in it waiting to greet me. I no longer have the luxury of daydreaming about which fun place we are going to try out for supper. Tonight the freeway was a parking lot when I left work at 5 PM. The 10 hour day is killing me - I'm beat.
I was stopped (or close to it) when I snapped this shot

Okay I got that off my chest! Phew...

On the plus side, I'm settled back in at Joan's. I love the bright bathroom with the close mirror here - great for we blind-o's. Joan decided to wash the cloth shower curtain while I was gone, and evidently destroyed the waterproof properties of the inner layer - or so a couple of her nieces found out when they each took showers here recently. Water went all over the floor. Glad I missed that! So Joan bought a new plastic inner liner.

My bed is also a good sleeper here at the Joan abode. I brought my electric blanky back this week, it's nice and cool down there and that makes for good sleepin'! Which goes well with 10 hour work days and an old chick!

Joan is fun to be around. She isn't one of those moody roomies that you never know how to approach. And she puts up with me.

I walked at lunch around the State Capitol. I feel privileged every day to work near this historical, beautiful place. Important work is done there. (and some dumb stuff). Today, children from Clear Creek were sitting in the shade eating picnic lunches awaiting their turns to tour.

I shopped tonight. By myself - not that shopping w/ Pablo isn't fun, but shopping with Pablo isn't fun. Or let me re-phrase. It's not the same - it's not him, it's me. I feel rushed when he's there. I took a pic of these cute doggies in the window at Jordan Creek.
These stuffed dogs remind me of Moki the Wonderdog
One more night after tonight and I get to go home Thursday - working at home Friday. Friday afternoon I get to do some errands - dentist for me and rabies shot for Odie. How fun will those be? For extra fun, I may ask the vet to expel Odie's anal gland. It doesn't get any better than that!

I'm not sad because it's over - I'm happy because we had a chance to live together in a loft in DSM. Every day is a gift!

2 comments:

Jane Buck said...

Les, you just keep on keeping on - love your blogs and you truly do write so very well. Thanks so much for sharing, and also giving us insight into the coulda', shoulda, and woulda's. Life is good, you make it better for lots of us. Blessings abound!

Jane Buck said...

Les, you just keep on keeping on - love your blogs and you truly do write so very well. Thanks so much for sharing, and also giving us insight into the coulda', shoulda, and woulda's. Life is good, you make it better for lots of us. Blessings abound!