Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Baaack in DSM

We had a swell vacation in sunny Florida. And 10 days was just right - I was ready to come home when it was time. And I still am - ready to go home. To Creston. In the meantime, we're still here in the big city, working through Friday.

The trip. I've already told you a bit about our vaca - to my  happy place in Marco. Paul and Colby tried their hands at deep sea fishing Tuesday morning. So Cindo and I walked down there, stopping at Starbucks along the way. The boys had fun fishing - met a fam from Jersey, and caught a few fishies - none too large though. We won't have a giant pointy nosed marlin on our wall.

We tried a new place to dine that night before Colby left - The Sand Bar. It was fun! I tried my first lugie. I mean, oyster on the half-shell, with lots of horse radish and shrimp sauce. Coconut shrimp was my entree. I'm sure Colbs was ready to get back to someplace where he could hang with people who stayed up past 10 p.m. But we had fun being with him - all growed up. Well, kinda. They'll always be kids on our eyes!

On Wednesday we got up very early to get him to the airport in Fort Myers on time. After a Perkins breakfast, we off to shop at the outlet mall. Not so fast! It didn't open until 10 a.m. but we got there at 8:45 or so...but there was a nice koi pond cleaner guy to look at. My shopping outing was successful as well. Love that Columbia Store!

We attended the movie Hunger Game when we got back to Marco. Loved it! I'd started the book series on vacation, and read all 3 by Friday. Compelling. The movie was well done.

Each day we walked on the beach - alternating north and south. It's a great workout and takes about an hour. One morning we even saw surfers - rare for this beach. I loved this shell tree, and sculpture.
More later - have just been so busy!

No comments: