Friday, June 1, 2018

Big D Reputation, New Place

The was a short work week - but somehow it didn't feel like it. Did I pack 40 hours of work into 31? Hmmm, feels like it! Oh well. I'm off now - it's sunny and I'm blogging.

We drove Paul's truck out to Colorado last weekend. It was filled with Amy and Corey projects! Plus our undies for the trip. haha. I'm always paranoid I haven't packed right for the trip - but I haven't forgotten undies yet.

We drove partway Thursday night - staying in Kearney. Denver was only a few hours from there - so we arrived before noon. This year we didn't surprise Amy by showing up a day earlier than planned. In our defense, we did let her know when we were a few hours out from her place.

I enjoyed sitting on the rooftop deck at their new townhome. Amy's been working hard to decorate the place. It's looking good. She and Corey enjoy having their very own home. While I relaxed rooftop, the gang installed the "floating" nightstands Paul built out of maple. Our children's wishes are Paul's command. They turned out swell - one on each side of the bed. He also made a bike rack for the garage, similar to the one on our wall. He's started working on a bookshelf for Jud and Kara already.

That night we Ubered (is that a verb?) to Euclid Hall, our family "go-to" restaurant in downtown. We met niece Jordan and wife Jill to have drinks and dinner before the Taylor Swift concert. Loved catching up with them. We heard about their trip to LA for niece Leslie's baby shower a couple weekends ago. So excited for Baby Girl Lopez to join brother James and daddy Jordan. And of course Mommy Leslie.
Yep, we're ready to rock at TS
The TS concert at Mile High stadium was the most awesome production I've ever attended! Video, fireworks, she rode in a pod to a small stage below us. 58,000 people were there.Taylor sang all the songs from her newest album, Reputation - yay because I downloaded it last fall. Paul wasn't as enthusiastic as I was, but he and Corey are man enough to take their women to a concert.



When we all streamed out of the stadium, drunk on music love, it was difficult to hail an Uber. So we walked several blocks, an after about an hour we finally got a ride. The dogs were happy to see us when we arrived back at the townhouse.

Did I mention the two canines? Corey and Amy have had Franklin (a rescue weenie) for a couple of years. Eros is a new addition to their family. He's a nine-year-old mutt who is very sweet. Franks gave me a couple ankle licks. I pined for Odie then.
 Shopping was in order Saturday. That night our mission was an Escape Room at Puzzah. If I wasn't with the best, smartest team, I'd still be locked in the room (no not really because they let you out after an hour. Team Cyclone-Tiger finished in 51 minutes. Bestest! We had a drink at a speakeasy, and dinner at Ted's Montana Grill. I love hanging out with my kids.
Kickass team
Sunday took us to the Vail area where my sister lives. We solved more puzzles - by assembling deck furniture for Cindo's side deck. Memorial weekend is also mulch the berm time - 25 bags worth. Too bad Cindy sounded like those raspy-voiced characters on the Simpson. She had a bad cough and she looked exhausted. Of course, she insisted on forging ahead on a dinner party for us, her son Colby and gf Gretchen. Delish as usual. Loved catching up with everyone, especially Colby, who went on a recent fishing excursion to Christmas Island - nirvana for him. Then he and Gretchen did a long weekend in Chicago, attending a 30 something course meal. Yikes!

We took off early Monday morning (sorry for the early wake-up call Corey/Amy). I never enjoy the trip home like the one out. Nebraska was beautiful Thursday night western NE was green and luscious On the way home, we didn't hit the "wall of heat" until we cleared clouds and rain around Grand Island. I always like getting home, but the house is still empty without my Odie girl.

The good thing about this week is that Amy is visiting. She arrived Wednesday evening for a couple work-related meetings. This weekend she'll travel to Galena with girlfriends for Jenna's bachelorette party. Sounds like fun - but I wasn't invited. Maybe Paul and I will be able to get our kayaks out.


No comments: