Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Typhoid Mary

I've been sick. Yeah. The urpy, can't decide which end of you needs to use the pot more kind. It wasn't pretty. Fortunately that part of the illness didn't last long. Then came the stomach pain, aches and pains. Next - a migraine of course.

I missed the last Cyclone game of the season - most importantly a chance to hang with my cloney friends on another gorgeous fall day. I was so bummed. The game was a good one - with my pesky Clones hanging in there until the very end. Damn those last three minutes (and not being able to stop the Cowboys on third and long). But I was sick enough to know I was smart not to be in Ames. Port-O-Potty and diarrhea? I don't think so. Those things are bad enough as it is...even when you get serenaded by the marching band when you exit.

I though I'd turn the corner on Sunday - but I couldn't rustle up any kind of appetite and then the migraine just wouldn't leave - so I spent much of that day in bed. What a wasted day. I was sure I'd be ready to go to work Monday - got up and was ready to head out the door when I realized that my knees were shaky. I decided it was a bad idea to head downtown on no fuel - and my stomach was still not up to par. I worked remotely part of the day.

Paul woke up sick this morning. Just call me Typhoid Mary. Luckily he just has the body aches, upset tummy - no projectile vomiting or anything dramatic.

At work I noticed that I tried to stay away from others - afraid I'd germinate (yes I do know I am not using this word right) them. Well you know what I mean. I have one of my busiest weeks of the year right now. Those consultants I worked with today didn't rush up and hug me. I don't blame them!

There's nothing like feeling better after an illness. It makes me think about all those people who are going through illness or are battling cancer like a couple friends I know. I can't wait until you have this feeling my friends. I'm thinking of you.




No comments: