Sunday, February 24, 2013

The weekend

In words and photos
For my buddy Deb - because she makes a lot of people's fat cry. Then - just in time for Diana to lament about work - not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I also had this photo -

Paul and I went to one of our Friday night places for a martini. Don't let them fool you - Cheesecake factory could be named Martini Factory...and their pear flatbread is good, with no meat on a Friday for a Catholic. Paul had the clam chowder, also delish. But then we decided to walk around in the mall - walk off those martinis ya know. Paul went to Barnes and Noble and I checked out the sale racks at Younkers.
All these years, and I still find his butt quite cute...
The next day I had an appointment at Des Moines Spine and Sport Clinic. It's that darn shoulder...winging out again as I begin working out. My massage therapist suggested I try seeing a chiropractor with an emphasis on movement - two young partners (and I do mean young). I'm determined to not go down the frozen shoulder road again, and I refuse to let this thing beat me.

Then we were on to Ames for the ISU vs. Texas Tech men's basketball game. Another sold out game - Hilton Magic is indeed back. As the game started, I was feeling the joy of being there, taking it all in. Fred Hoiberg, our coach (my advisor's son) is cute and is turning into a really good coach. The Cyclones took care of business and this character (see the guy is the pink fat lady suit) is really a guy on the football team. He's hilarious, waving his arms, doing laps and getting the crowd going. Funny!
See the guy, Bracken's, just to the right of the basket
 After the game we had a short break then we were off to Mass. We decided to head to Granite City to grab a bite for supper. The place was already crowded - so we slipped into the bar. I decided to go for the good stuff when I ordered a martini - Grey Goose. Okay it was $10, but worth it...smooth! Paul is in the "mug club" and got a giant beer.

3 Olives, yum


Sandwiches were good too - cheeseburger for Paul (surprise Amy!), Ruben for me.

I took a walk this afternoon, after our shopping trip to HyVee. It was sunny out and I discovered a trail around the playground just north of our place.
Our place is in the distance

Today we decided to see one more Oscar nominated film - Django Unchained at the matinee. Let's just say - Paul didn't like it. I was much less critical, though I didn't like all the violence, and Tarantino films are almost like cartoonlike when it comes to blood splatter. Yuck! The best supporting actor did come from this moving though - and I thought he was great!

So there you have it. A quiet, yet busy weekend. Tomorrow night is Big Monday! Kansas Jayhawks come to Hilton. Gold Out baby - hope it's magic!


Paul finished this coat rack this week - love it! Ordered the hooks from Amazon. Similar ones were $300 at Amish Haus...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: