Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Diamond Delight - and the Dream

I went to Mandarin Garden last night with my Diamond Brooke friends while Pablo had a date with Jeff McFee. Though I love living with my honey, it's nice to have separate activities once in a while.

Paul invited Jeff to come up to the ISU vs. Oklahoma men's basketball game. It had been a long time since the two had been to a bball game together. Back in the day, Jeff, Paul, Steve Crittenden and various others through the years played on the same team in City League. They have some great stories - like the time Steve got elbowed, and his nose was broken - smashed flat to his face. He went to the hospital to get it set, and came back and played with cotton wads in his nostrils - now that's a playa!

Most of the stories came from post-game; however, tales from the Elms Club or the results. Like the time Paul slept on the rug in the front hall after his buddy dropped him off. A long time ago! Most of the time, I didn't want to hear about what went on (kinda like Vegas...). The basketball team actually won the championship a couple times - of course they had some young talent playing with them. It was during those years that Paul really bonded with his best buddies. They've been through the trenches together. Monday night, Jeff and Paul were just viewers - but they got to see a good game! ISU won by around 20 points, and there was one spectacular dunk.

Meanwhile, Connie from our Townhouse Association, picked me up for our night out. It was a small crowd - which actually made it easier to get to know a few people better. Connie seems to be the social chair - and she's been to most of the restaurants around here. She is retired from a company that ran a cooperative for independent hardware stores, so she knows the Cappels from Atlantic and has even been to the store.

I also sat by Sally and Leslie who live down our street. They reported that a unit down by their places that is for sale may have an offer. Sue lives on the street south of ours. The unit next to her just went on the market - the gentleman that owns it isn't very friendly. See the kinds of things one finds out?

I told them my exercise bike alarm story. Everyone chuckled. Sue had water in her basement due to a backup in her pipes - bummer.  Sally and Sue had each eaten at Olympic Flame in the East Village recently - and loved it. This reminds me that I should go back there again. We spent some time figuring out where we might go next month for our night out. I really enjoyed the evening - such nice and interesting people. I'm going to like it here.

Today I was in charge of a meeting at Metro Waste Authority for work. I arrived early to make sure everything was set up. Our consultant Cory was there when I got there and I set my stuff down to talk. Ramona, the receptionist, made a beeline over to view the new purse, my blue Dooney and Bourke. She had me show it to Geri, the Administrative Assistant. We all caressed it. Ahhh.

Ramona mentioned that the Home Shopping Network features these purses sometimes. I know! One time I shouted in delight - "Honey - my purses have their own TV show, just like your hunting shows!" haha. I was happy to meet a fellow D&B lover in Ramona. We bonded. Oh and the work meeting went well too.

Later, since Paul was at a meeting at the Wallace Building (my work) I texted him to meet me at The Continental where I was sipping a $4 margarita waiting for him. It was a pretty good day, for a Tuesday. (It was hard to exercise later, but I did...Live Healthy Iowa!)
The Continental - mixing my drink!
Last night I had one of THOSE dreams. You know the kind - falling. Except in this one, a bad guy had me in a room. He was going to kill me. I knew it. I was terrified and had to get away. Instead of getting gotten by him, I decided to jump out of the window - perhaps 4th or 5th floor? So I knew it would be fatal. I remember flying through the air, but I didn't hit. Thank goodness! What was THAT all about?

No comments: