Monday, November 26, 2012

All my bags are (un) packed


I'm not ready to go. I'm not standing here beside my door. Yes - it's the opening words to "Leaving on a Jet Plane." I was thinking of that song as I unpacked my suitcase over the weekend. For the last time!! I'm having a hard time with it.

You see I've lived out of a suitcase for 4 years now. It's become a habit. I grown accustomed to it's space. (Yes, I threw a little My Fair Lady in there for you.) Socks in the outside pocket. Undies in the inside mesh. Of course I had lots of stuff stocked at Joan's so I didn't have to drag makeup, a hair dryer and shampoo back and forth. Now I have 3 hair dryers. Why 3? When we lived in the loft temporarily, I forgot both of them and had none...so I bought another little one for travel!

I took my earrings out of my travel jewelry box, and put them back into the real jewelry box. Paul got the jewelry box for me from the corner drugstore when we lived in Osage. It's so weird to be using it again! I forgot I actually had other earrings in there that I never wear because they weren't in the travel container.

Our new home has a closet with shoe shelves.Woohoo! It's going to be so nice to have all my clothes under one roof. It seemed it never failed that wherever I was, the article of clothing I wanted was at the other place...Joan's or my house. Becky at work joked with me today, saying she'd probably see me wear a whole 'nother wardrobe now. Sorry...I pretty well rotated through my clothes even with my suitcase.

I sure won't miss packing each Sunday. Especially doing all that ironing. Now I can be like the rest of you slobs - ironing as I go!

No comments: