Monday, July 27, 2015

Classic

I spent a sweaty morning helping at an event setting up to collect water bottles Saturday. It was a good workout for my arm. I hope they got enough empties for the art. My supervisor's daughter was there helping. She's going into 8th grade and is a real cutie.

David, my supe Jen, and Molly, Jen's daughter
  We set up the clear stream recyclers to put by each trash container. Molly and I taped the posters onto each lid. Did I mention it was hot?

After a nice nap, Paul and I decided to go to the Indianola Balloon Classic. I've seen Creston's Balloon Days many times, but never any other event. When we arrived in Indianola it was sprinkling, so we stopped on the town square for a beer and wings. By the time we were done, the rain had stopped.

Then we found a delightful winery right across from the balloon field and as we drove up the balloons were alighting. Sure, the wine was too sweet for this chardonnay drinker, but it was fun. We set up our chairs on the driveway and the wine was in a cheery looking ice bucket that the proprietor had purchased at a garage sale that day.

There's something about balloons...

It was a fun evening. My favorite balloon was the pirate parrot. Ahoy!

No comments: