Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Kukie Robbie and Ollie (I know it's not Kukla, Fran and Ollie - weak)

Amy, Rob and me last summer

My real BFF (cuz I truly have know her forever) Robbie Dob (Robyn Bredensteiner Uehling - Atlantic home girl now living in Florida) has adopted a new family member. Her loyal friend Nhoj (John backwards)...no that isn't it. Nhoj was the name of the Bredensteiner dog when they lived in Fairlawns. He was named after the guy they got him from. I remember him well - because he used to hump my back when we'd sit on the floor to play board games. Bad Nhoj! What is he doing Mommy?

No, Robyn's recent doggy friend was Trebor - named, of course, after her daddy Robert Bredensteiner. I bet you can understand why she didn't name him Renietsnederb. After Treb passed over the Rainbow Bridge (I know, it's kind of a silly thing to say, but that poem people send after your pet passes away always makes me cry...) Rob gave herself time to grieve. She didn't rush into adopting another pet. That was wise!

Just a few weeks ago I saw on Facebook that there is a new guy in Robyn's life. The 4-legged kind. Oliver - I'm not sure why his name isn't Eilsel. Puzzling...But Oliver is adorable and she reports that he is adapting quite well to her weirdness. I'm pleased and am really happy for her. She has always been a doggy person - just like her momma - who had a dog named ToJo (for Tom and Jody). I called that dog Toe Jam just for fun. I think Oliver will be Ollie. That IS how Robyn became Robbie Dob after all, my father. It's a Bullock tradition to change names.
He's smiling at you. This photo warms my heart.




No comments: