Thursday, July 18, 2013

WDM Farmer's Market

We've been meaning to attend the Farmer's Market in West Des Moines all summer and finally made it to Valley Junction tonight. That's what WDM used to be called - way back when. I guess they thought it sounded too old fashioned...kinda like Petticoat Junction! So they went with WDM.

It was a hot night, but that didn't keep the people away.

there was a good band on the South end and they seem to have the same group in a little area in an area in the middle - a threesome playing 60's stuff. I snagged a corn dog and Paul got me laughing - trying to avoid a Michelle Bachmann State Fair look...

I found these adorable garden sculptures - and nearby this puppy actually left his little shoes on to protect his feet from the hot asphalt!
 
puppy high tops!
 
I like the guitar!
And a store held a something cool - these neat fans!
Each of these is a fan
 
There is definitely a different vibe at this market compared to the Saturday morning one. I'm glad we checked it out though!

No comments: