Thursday, April 25, 2013

It takes all kinds

I doubt there were leftovers from those drinks...

My husband is a creature of habit. Seriously. Since we have lived in TBC (The Big City) he has taken a sandwich and potato chips to work for lunch 97% of the time. (I made that percent up but it has to be pretty darn close).

Paul makes his sannie - rye bread, lunch meat, perhaps some greens, cheese, mustard, and mayo, the night before. He puts chips into a plastic container. The man is ready. One time I slipped him my leftover pickle (I know it's kinda kinky) from a meal out. I put it in his sandwich container. He actually enjoyed it - good thing he didn't snap - it wasn't on the menu after all!

Breakfast? Orange juice and an English Muffin of course. He drinks coffee on our way to work, and switches to work coffee when he gets there. He never varies. He hasn't had nary a bagel or cereal since we have been here.

Me? I must admit, I'm a cereal girl. (not a material girl) I wait and eat at work Monday - Thursday. I take a banana along, slice that up and put it in with my cereal - mixing a couple types. I usually pick a base, like Wheat Chex, and a granola on top. If blueberries are in season, they go in there too. Sometimes I have oatmeal. When I'm at home, I'll toast a muffin to eat with peanut butter or that yummy Cinnamon butter.

Lunch is a mixed bag for me. It has to be. I can't imagine sentencing myself to the same sannie day after day. I typically take leftovers for my lunch, home-cooked or restaurant food. Otherwise I take a bagel, eat tuna, crab, or like today - I walk down to the local Jimmy Johns for a sub sandwich.

Paul can also eat the same thing for supper 3 or 4 nights in a row. He loves to do that with a big beef roast. He did that often when we lived separately during the week. I can go for that a night, or even two...but then I'm done! Boring! My taste buds rebel.
A Packer Fan and A Cowboys Fan

Tonight we are watching the NFL Draft! Doesn't that sound exciting? It does if you are Jud or Paul Goldsmith. They are two peas in a pod when it comes to sports teams. Jud isn't able to watch tonight though...it's his girlfriend's birthday - so they are going out for fondue. I'm picturing Jud watching his smart phone under the table like the TV commercial...I'm sure Paul will be texting him.

Isn't it fun that we aren't all the same! (even though I give Paul crap about how weird he is...)

No comments: