Friday, September 28, 2012

Chick Trip 2

Robyn began whipping up a fabulous ham and cheese pastry concoction. and I whipped up lemondrop martinis....I'm not much for cooking but I can make a mean drink! After supper, we ended up dancing - rock and roll only, no hip hop. Chrissy don't do that. Flat Chris and Flat Pam joined in.
I texted this picture to Amy and she asked if we were in public - relieved that the answer was NO.
 
In the morning, Rob was again our chef, with some helpers. I was on clean up crew. She made Slomboli or something to that effect...eggs, bacon, potatoes all thrown together. Yum! Then we drove to nearby Hot Springs - and roasted ourselves in a series of hot stinky pools. Sal treated herself to a massage. I'm picky about who touches me...so I'll wait until I can see Chris my regular masseuse again for any bodily rubbing. (or my spouse of course...)

We cleaned up and hit a nearby town for lunch.

buddies since pre-school
 
buddies since nursery school

Paula and Sal
Julia and Chris
 
 
Then some shopping. All of that wiped me out!
Looking at some cool art in the window
 
But then Amy Elizabeth arrived after we returned to Julia's place that afternoon. It was such fun introducing her to my pals. She'd met and hung out the Jule since living on the land of mountains. And she's been around Sal some. But Amy had never met Chris, nor Paula before. And she'd not been around Robyn since she was a tyke. I loved having my girls all together. I don't think Amy's ever really been around single ladies my age - especially cool ones like Robyn, Paula and Chris. It's good for her to know that married or single - we chicks can have fulfilling lives. We stayed up late laughing and telling stories.
 
I rode with Amo back to Eldo the next day - nice to have time for the two of us alone. We took a scenic route off I-70 through Golden and over to our destination. I played sous chef for Robyn and we whipped up grilled sannies for lunch that day. Then we headed to Boulder where a Fall Festival was going on. I made my big purchase of a pepper mill. The $600 cowboy boots were tempting though!
Amy and me creekside
 
That evening Julia whipped up a tasty Italian Soup. We enjoyed hanging out by the river by our little home we were staying in. I had taken along a book called "If", and we sat beside the creek and posed questions to each other like, if you could reincarnated as an animal, what would you be? I picked eagle. Sally's sis Cindy and her husband Dan arrived - so nice to see them. They have lived in Boulder since 1980. Nice to introduce them to Amy too! All too soon my baby had to head back to Denver. It was hard to say goodbye - probably won't see her until Thanksgiving.
Julia and Robyn - Pals
 
In the a.m. it was cleaning time. We got ready to leave and spiffed up the place. Julia took Robyn to the airport - big hug before she left. Love that girlie! Jules got back right before it was our turn to leave. Then we totally missed the turn and barely got Sal to the airport before her flight. Paula, Chris and I had a nice lunch before it was time for Chris and me to catch our flight to Omaha. Paula's flight was delayed to Austin. But she landed about the same time I drove into Creston, so all the girls were home. Tired, and feeling very content. There's nothing like girlfriends.  
 
 
 
  


No comments: