Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My girls in Colorado

I'm exhausted. In a good way! I returned yesterday from my long weekend with my girls - some of them have been my friend since we were 3 years old. Paula, Robyn and I attended Mrs. Luin's nursery school together - way down yonder in the Paw Paw Patch. (we sang that song when she picked us up in her station wagon). Sal moved in a few years later and Chris and Julia not until elementary school - 6th grade?

We all converged in Eldorado Springs, Colorado (Eldo) last Thursday because we like spending time together. We had fun last summer at our 35th class reunion, so we planned this then. Jules did a great job putting together a plan for us. Chris and I arrived first and Julia picked us up. We headed to Big D - Denver! To see my baby girl Amy, who rode her bike to a coffee place. Julia and Amy knew each other but it was nice introduce Chris to my daughter. She's such a cutie. Fun hanging out for an hour before she had to head to work.

Then, to Eldo for Chris, Julia and I where we saw Julia's massage studio. It's a cool lil spot along a beautiful river. She doesn't need to pipe in massage music - just crack a window. I bet the sound is just so beautiful along with the masseuse. Then we whipped us some snazzy sandwiches for a gourmet picnic when the others arrived in their rental van a couple hours later to hugs all around. J's husband Jeff was at her place - such a nice guy. We grabbed the cooler and snacks and headed to the park by Eldo - there were hikers and rock climbers, and then us. Chatters and sippers.


That night Julia served us some great cream of butternut squash soup. And we got to see the Hoilien-Mason girls - Zetta and Marcella. Julia worked a deal so four of us could stay a few doors down at her friends home, right on the river. Cool place! Our home away from home.

See Chris and Pam over Chris W's shoulder...
Friday we stopped in Boulder for lunch and a bit of shopping. Our friends Pam and Chris couldn't join us - but Robyn brought along Flat Pam and Flat Chris, and we took them everywhere! Such fun. We even took them shopping. Then we were off to Winter Park - through Estes Park and over Trail Ridge Road.
All the elk Paul didn't see on his hunting trip
The girls look over the wall
Next - we reach WP.

No comments: