Friday, September 14, 2012

Homegirls Soon & Goin' Solo No Mo

The Thursday night before our class reunion last summer - with Chris's daughter bottom left
Sunday I'll be packing for my upcoming Chick Trip! Thursday I'm flying to Denver to hang with Julia, Robbie Dob, Chris Watson, Paula and Sally. We'll drive up to Winter Park to J's condo up there for a couple nights. I feel pretty blessed to have had the great fortune to not only have grown up with these girls, but to be able to keep in touch with them. An now - Jackpot! A whole long weekend together. And we just might have a "Croning" ceremony - to celebrate the age that we are. I'm a lucky gal! Laughter will ensue.


Class Reunion Friday night at Irv's Elbow Room













Paul is due home at 2 a.m. is Saturday. I can't wait. I'm tired of going solo! It's been 8 long days. Thanks to the miracle of cell phones, I've been lucky to talk to him a few times, briefly. He purchased a solar charger at REI when were were in Denver in May. He says it's worked well! But it's not liked we've had time to swap daily info like I'm used to.

I bet he'll be all hairy and skinny. At least that's what he looked like last year when he got home. This year he went with three guys instead of just one, so he should have some good stories to share. I feel pretty important - our Lt. Gov's husband's truck has been parked in our driveway all week. Kevin has ISU plates too - so his truck does fit in with our vehicles. (even if my politics don't quite fit with his and his wife's...) Despite that, I'm a fan of Kim Reynolds - and Kevin. They're good peeps. We have known them and their 3 daughters since 1980. I don't know the two other guys on this trip, but I bet they're nice too. But I bet Paul is ready to be home.

Boxes in forefront still need to be sorted and put on tables...
 

Today after work, I volunteered at Creston's Friends of the Library Book Sale setup. There weren't enough tables for the donations! There were lots of good titles and plenty of junky old books donated. In case you read this it's at Lincoln School on Adams Street in Creston this weekend 4-7 Friday night and tomorrow, um - not sure on the times. There are videos too.

I thought about snatching some of the empty boxes for use when we move, but we're still awaiting word from the Federal Government on just how this works...so we're in a holding pattern, and I'm stuck surfing the net for properties I might like to look at someday if they're still on the market.  

It's game day tomorrow in Ames as the Cyclones take on Western Illinois. The Clones are big favorites for once. I can't remember the last time we had a game where we could relax...it might be nice! Should be a gorgeous night for tailgating but I wish my kiddos were going to be here again. Regardless - should be fun. Friends, bevvies, cardinal and gold.




No comments: