Friday, April 14, 2017

For all the "Days"

Before I left for our annual Florida vacation, Facebook notified me that it was Crayola Day. Man, that brought back some memories. The 24  and 48 packs - new for school each year. Such potential! Worksheets and coloring contests ahead. How about the 64 packs with the sharpener in the back?

I lamented that though I was an eager colorer, I was not the best. Our artistic sister Cindo ruled in that department. Sister Betsy reminded me that, reminiscing about when we road-tripped to Florida a couple summers in the late 1960's - Mom with her four girls. Dad flew in later. The three of us younger girls were in the back seat while Susi and Mom drove. Armed with paper and Crayolas, Cindy made us paper dolls and colored them. #socool. She was ahead of her time - Etsy-worthy.
Gang's all here

Early in April this year, I was back in Florida and it was Sibling Day. And I was with my sib, the famous coloring artist, Cindo. Oh, how I look forward to that annual trek. It nearly didn't happen this year because the condo we've been renting was sold. Fortunately, our connection came up with another unit in Mom and Dad's building. Each year I appreciate it more - the opportunity to hang out with my sister, nephew, and husband on a beautiful beach.
Me and my sibling
Colby took this shot poolside

Florida is my recharge time. We don't do much while we're there. Paul and Colby fished a couple days. We walked on the beach nearly every day - #10,000 steps baby. To mix it up this year we visited the Everglades for an airboat ride and even saw a gator dozing in the sun.
Happy Place

My favorite thing, besides catching up with Colby (who brought us some of his newly developed product, Bold Hot Sauce, label designed by Amy Goldsmith) and Cindy, was sitting on the 17th-floor deck reading, overlooking the beach and pool. That is my happy place.
Paul and friend
A ten-day vacation was perfect as I was ready to go home. Cindy had the exciting ride with a plane with broken flaps - and emergency landing in Houston. All calm for us, except for one excited elderly doggy! It's always good to sleep in my own bed. Work awaited. And the whole politics thing...

Glad it's a weekend already!

No comments: