Sunday, March 29, 2015

Marco Prep

It's that time again. What I wait for all winter long...Marco Island time! You might think it's because of the fabulous beach and 80 degree weather. Okay...that's a big part of it. But beyond that, I go to reconnect with my roots. I bought a new suitcase! I hate packing...

Marco is the last place I really spent time with my parents. I started going there in 1987 and have been there 20+ times since then. When I vacation there with my sister Cindy, we reminisce about them. We talk about the good times and the bad. We talk about our parents' friends - both from Atlantic and from Marco. Mom and Dad spent a lifetime making good friends and we value that. We laugh about our childhood antics with our sisters.

Next week at this time, my biggest decisions will be which way to walk on the beach (left or right) and where are we eating for supper. My nephew Colby and Paul will go fishing a couple times. I will read five or six books. We'll shop at great outlet mall. With sandals on. I imagine I will laugh until I cry at least once - Cindy and I tend to bring that out in each other.

Here's to you Pat and Dave! You really started something.

No comments: