Thursday, December 4, 2014

Long time no post

I know, I know...I haven't posted all week. It's been chock full of activity!
  • Paul and I attended the last ISU Cyclone football game. It's been another rough season, but somehow we seem to have fun. After all - we're hardy Cyclone fans through thick and thin.

  • I got to see an old friend at the game - Kathy Cornwall Francis. Plus a couple other A-town peeps - Mark Johnson (in high school we called him Chauncey - now he's a doc in Atlantic) and his wife Pam. Their sons play in the fabulous Cyclone Varsity Marching Band.
  • My college roommate Jane Flack and her sis Susan met me at the game. I always love to see those ladies - they make any conversation more fun.
Better football days - from the Iowa Game - at the Keg Stand...Jane is behind me and Susan over my shoulder
  • After the football game, Donnie, Paul and I met Todd Stofferahn and Matt at the bar just south of Ames. Jane and Susan stopped there too.
  • There I got a message that my sis Cindo had suffered a torn retina in Vail, Colorado. Ugh! She had surgery on Tuesday this week in Denver and is sidelined there until next Tuesday. Daughter Amy has helped chauffeur her along with sister Susan. The tears (there were 2) was spontaneous. This is aging thing sucks! I'm thinking of her as she recovers from this injury, poor kiddo!
  • Sunday I got some Christmas shopping done. Crowds weren't bad. Paul got our 2 foot Christmas tree out - I've yet to decorate it. I'm not a big decorator. #Scrooge.
  • Monday Paul and I attended the Diamond Brooke (our townhouse association) Christmas party at Bravo restaurant near Jordan Creek. I kind of talked Paul into going and we both ended up having a very nice time. There were 20+ people there - some were around our age, some older.
  • Tuesday was our baby boy Patrick's birthday. It's hard to believe it's been 23 years since we experienced his short life. Even though it's been a long time, I felt emotional that day - thinking of what life might be like if he were around.
Patrick George 12/2/91


  • We attended an ISU basketball game that night. The Cyclones won.
  • Wednesday night I had a work meeting at my old workplace at the former landfill - now transfer station between Afton and Creston. That sure brought back memories!
I'm sure you're all very busy too! It is that time of year. Let's not allow business overtake us. Okay?

No comments: