Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Incredible Time

The pizza was just okay. Early last week, I made a date with my Little Sis Chiya to go to the Urbandale Pizza place Incredible Pizza on Sunday. It's like Chucky Cheese, but for a bit older kids - featuring go-carts, glow in the dark mini golf, mini bowling and bumper cars - along with video games.

I think she was pretty excited to go to Incredible Pizza. I was pleased about that - especially after the art center fiasco the last time we got together - she was way older than the other kids - the rest of them were age 8 and under. We did have some laughs - chuckling at some of the art. We kept walking by this sculpture of this one skinny head that we got a kick out of. I'm rusty at this figuring out activities to do with a 12-year old stuff! It's been a long time since I've had one. After that outing I texted Chiya to say "thanks for being a good sport about today" she messaged me back to say - so nicely, "you're welcome". I thought it was cute.

We got to "Incredible" right at 4 p.m. Sunday when the special price deal started. Only it's not all THAT special since they leave lots of the good video games out of it - so we had to look at a list to see just what we were eligible to play.

Chiya tried to act cool, but I could tell - she wanted to drive the go-carts first. There was only a short wait and we were off!
This pic says it all - look at that grin! She was a speed demon too. The second time she went - later after we ate, she beat everyone!
Chiya - o Andretti
 
We played about everything we were eligible for. And yes, she beat me. Golf, bowling, air hockey, air guitar, bumper cars, video motorcycle races and more. The food wasn't great - but the ice cream with crunchy chocolate chip cookies was the best part.
I'm sitting on a boot
Bumper Cars
I was tired at the end of 2 hours - and the place was getting more crowded and loud! Time for us to make our exit.I always enjoy our drive time as a good time to chat. It's mostly me chatting and her nodding and agreeing. She's always thanks me when I drop her off - she has very good manners!

Chiya gave me a nice "Mother's Day" card - especially for sisters. (I think her Grandma Valerie helped with that.) It was really nice of her. I texted her to thank her and she texted back "!!!" That must be 12 year old speak...
Thanks again to the Big Sis program for allowing me to hang out with my little buddy.

1 comment:

amy e. goldsmith said...

You can tell her the story of how I was 16 and you guys made me take ski lessons with 6-12 year olds.