Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Chase

We began our stay at The Chase this week. It's an extended stay motel in West Des Moines. Our home during the workweeks, until we can get into our new townhome - we hope that's mid-November. Our loan guy in Creston is hedging on whether he can put the deal together that fast, but we're pushing hard. We need to get into the new joint! Or we'll be homeless - I picture myself living in my cubicle, washing my armpits in the sinks in the Wallace Building sink. Not pretty.

It's kinda bleak at the Chase Inn. Not as fun living there as the loft we lived in earlier this year. But the leaves across the street are gorgeous!

And they left this nice little welcome.
Goodies
 
If only those vertical blinds closed better - perhaps we'd sleep more soundly at Chase...

Tonight we went to Homemaker's Furniture and looked at bedroom sets and dining sets. Getting an idea of what we're looking for there. We have had my grandparents' table since 1982 - the year we got married. It's Ethan Allen, but its time is past. My bedroom set is a hand-me-down from Dad's place (his 2nd wife Pat2 picked it out for their 2nd bedroom). So it's time for me to get my own stuff!
Our new home - a townhouse



View from Cody Drive - West Des Moines, just north of Jordan Creek Mall

 
These weeks are pretty stressful. There are a gazillion things to do relating to this move - the brunt falling on Paul. This weekend we need to work on more at our house, preparing for the move. Work is busy. I'm just back from a 2-day trip to Dubuque and Davenport. Paul is in a new job and is learning the ropes. We're not sleeping well. We're worried about my Bro-in-law Bolder, struggling with cancer. But hey, we're together. That's what it's all about!
 
When the going gets rough...what do we do? Party!
 
Mark your calendars for the Goldsmith's Big Going Away Bash - November 10th at the Lobby Bar in Creston. Billy O will DJ and provide Karaoke. Put on your dancin' shoes! Should be fun.
 
The very next week the movers will be hauling our stuff outta town. Hope that loan gets done in time! 
 


No comments: