Sunday, October 21, 2012

Plagiarism

I just watched a story on plagiarism on the Sunday Morning Show. I thought I better fess up that my whole blog is plagiarized. Yep. I am stealing this stuff from some other chick who has a wierd life and thoughts...so don't blame me. Except for the stealing part. haha

Aww...I'm just teasing. You can't make this stuff up. It's my life and welcome to it. Sometimes it's funny when I start telling someone what I'm up to and they already know - because they read my blog! I'm an open book. Blog.

That happened just last night at church when my friend Cheri told me she knew we'd sold our Creston home. Before I told her in person. It will be a good way for people to keep up on what the Goldsmiths are up to...if they continue to care once we move to the big city. Now if I can just figure out a way to keep up on their lives...

Prior to moving, Paul and I are cleansing - our home of stuff we no longer want or need. I texted Amy yesterday to see if she still wants the 2 boxes of stuffed animals we had stored downstairs. She texted back, "Well I just saw Toy Story 3 so it's an even more sensitive subject than usual!" I'm sure she was half-serious. The kid loved her stuffed toys. In that movie, the little boy donates his toys to a daycare where they're doomed to the baby room and they get drooled on day after day...I split the difference and picked out a few faves and put the rest in the "give away" box.

Then it was time to go through books. Many memories there - the beloved ones I read the kids must stay. But there are others I have no emotional ties to. The back of my car is full of stuff destined for my buddy Deb to take to the staging area for the Planned Parenthood booksale. They accept videos puzzles and games too - so they're getting all our old VHS tapes. (I took some to Creston's Friends of the Library Booksale too) Disney to Adventures in Babysitting. There are many memories with the kids there too. I also bagged up all my leftover feminine hygiene products - pads/tampons to give to Deb for use at our local Planned Parenthood. Those products are expensive - no use tossing them out!

I'm keeping the Playmobiles, the Duplos and Legos and other toys that will be fun for little ones who come visit our home someday. Amy's old dolls will be there too - the American Girls and the Cabbage Patch - all well played with, complete with the little hair care kit she made. Jud's "guys" superhero plastic things and some metal vehicles will stay too. He saved the "important" to him stuff - electronic games. How sentimental!



No comments: