Friday, August 11, 2017

The rest of the story

The rest of the wedding weekend was pretty fun too. Paul and I took off Wednesday afternoon. I have to admit, it was hard to concentrate at work that morning.

We arrived at Amy and Corey's new apartment in Denver before 10 a.m. It was looking pretty good, considering they were hosting a variety of groomsmen! Cool complex with a pool and grilling area.

Jud and Kara's flight arrived that morning and we collected to pick them up at Denver's Union Station downtown. They took the light rail in. Amy and her bestie Megan, Jud, Kara, Paul and I lunched at a burger joint with frosty beers that reminded me of my dad who loved icy cold Old Milwaukee. Then the girls got our nails done while the guys checked into the hotel. Meanwhile, Corey was coming back from his bachelor party in Winter Park. #notmuchsleep

That night, the meeting of the parents finally happened. We met Shirl and Jeff Park for a drink at the hotel. I'd seen lots of photos since I put together the slide show, so I felt I already knew them. We discovered we are four people so proud of our great kids. It was a mutual admiration meeting. haha. They were off to meet with family for a late supper.

We headed to "our place", Euclid Hall. It's a restaurant in downtown that has a strange menu, but we tend to gather there. Amy and Corey had time for a quick drink before they were off for supper with the Parks. I was a happy mom with my kids. Later, more family began to trickle into town - Betsy's family and then Cindy. It was a fun first night.

Friday Paul and I walked to a little restaurant called Syrup near the hotel. The hostess noticed our ISU Cyclone gear and asked if we were graduates. She is a Cyclone too! We're everywhere. The boys were off with the Kohans guys to Broncos Training Camp. They had a great time. Of course, Paul loves the Packers the best, and Jud loves America's Team - Cowboys.

Later that morning, my Aunties, Martha and Jean - along with my sisters hosted a shower for Amy at Marty's place, Holly Creek Retirement Community in Centennial. It was a gorgeous day and the was event complete with cousins and bridesmaids. Aunt Marty told the story of her Great Aunties (I think they were Aldrichs - their Grandma Lulu's sisters) who would collect at Bullock's Store in Atlantic. They would hold court there and the Bullock kids - Dad, Marty and Jean would be expected to stop by and "kiss the ring" of each of them.
Rachelle, Amy, Julia with James
Bride with Great Aunties Jean and Marty 

Bridey with aunties and momma
Kara and Cindy

Bride with cousins Jordan and Leslie

The best part was - no games! And the food was really good. Amy and Corey will be stocked with kitchen gadgets for a long time! After the shower, I barely had time to change into my next dress. Yes, it was a new record for me - three dresses in one weekend. The rehearsal was at the hotel, followed by the dinner at a downtown restaurant called Ignite, near the Rockies Ballpark.  


The rehearsal dinner was on a rooftop. It was nice out - with a bit of a threat of a rain.
rooftop rehearsal dinner
Saturday morning, we had a Goldsmith breakfast at the hotel. Amy stayed at the hotel that night - and she knew she wouldn't have much time to talk to people at the reception. It was a perfect time to visit  with her aunts, uncles, and cousins who traveled to Denver for the event. In the meantime, Corey was hosting 6 or 7 wedding party members at their apartment. 
Paul and sibs at wedding


Next, it was onto girl time - covered in my last blog. It's Friday today - one week later. Wish I could do it all over again! 

No comments: