Saturday, May 7, 2016

It's Farmer's Market Time Again!

The first time I ever attended the Des Moines Farmer's Market was the result of another event - the Susan B. Komen Race for the Cure. It was a long time ago! I walked the route with Deb and Patti on a chilly Saturday morning. The start/finish line was near downtown Des Moines. We had heard tell there was good food at the Farmer's Market. That morning I scored one of what was to be many in a long line of breakfast burritos and other delicious edible delights at the market.

The DSM Farmer's Market is one of the largest in the country. Today was opening day for 2016. Yippy!

Oh how I've grown to love it. Paul and I take advantage of living so close by attending a couple time a month during the May through October timeline. We especially like to go early, before it gets crowded with strollers and slow walkers.

I don't mind the dogs though (Some people continue to complain about dogs at the market in the DM Register's $.02 worth section. Get over it!). I don't usually rush up to pooches to pet them and find out their stories. I like to see them, large and small, on leashes and in little doggy strollers.

I'm usually one of those people walking with a purpose. Too bad I have to look down so I don't fall on my face. It's the sad result of a couple spills I've taken (#imaklutz). I miss a lot that way - but feel safer, scoping out sudden changes in pavement. If you are there looking for me - look for the top of my head.

Paul is even more "no nonsense" than I am. He actually sees people's faces when he walks - which is great! I drag him around to hear the music at the FM more often than he'd like. He's all about buy and leave. It's fun when out of town visitors want to go to the market. That is when we actually take more time to relax and enjoy the sights and sounds. The smells are worth the trip!   

breakfast burrito!

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. I've been a mommy for 30 years! It's been fabulous and scary. Wonderful and torture. The most joyous thing and the hardest thing in my life (RIP Patrick). I must say, knowing what I know now - I'd sign up for this again in a heartbeat.

We just enjoyed a big milestone when Judson married Kara a couple weeks ago. Our family came together to witness that momentous occasion. Nothing makes this mother happier than being surrounded by her family and watching them interact. I can't wait for Christmas in Vail with the Lefebvres!

No comments: