Monday, October 5, 2015

Jud Bud is getting married

And I nearly exploded holding the news in for two whole days! But I survived until last Friday when Jud and Kara announced their engagement. Woohoo! We're having a wedding, and better yet, Kara is officially joining our fam.
Early dating pic

I spoke to my son a couple weeks ago and he told me the time was near - he was going to ask Kara to marry him. I must admit I got a bit choked up when we talked about it. As we spoke, I marveled at what a wonderful person he has grown up to be. (I admit it, I'm as biased as one can get.)
 2011 pic

Jud wasn't always an easy to parent. And I sometimes questioned my own parenting skills when I didn't handle his behavior according to parenting manuals. At least I never saw anything in Dr. Spock about locking one's self in the bathroom in order to prevent one's self from harming the children. Even when they pounded on the door yelling, "let us in!" I was adamant. "You don't want in here right now!" Still, they turned out pretty darn good. And now, Jud's getting hitched!
2011 graduation at ISU

I can't wait to talk to Kara on Thursday when we travel to St. Louis to hear the story of Jud's proposal. He asked Kara's parents permission to marry their daughter recently when they visited St. Louis. Kara was in the shower. Sneaky! He had told me during our phone call that last Wednesday was the night for the proposal. I kept my eye on the phone that night. During my Yoga class I was the picture of concentration. Right. I did breath to: "Jud Kara peace and love"
September 2015

During the drive home from yoga I got the text from Jud with a couple pics. "We're Engaged!" I pulled into the garage and hugged Paul. We were so happy. But we couldn't tell anyone. Amy knew too - so there was that. Gag order! Amy and I were dying - we hate being muffled.

I solved it by telling a few work people - heck, they don't know Jud. Safe, right. That helped. A girl has to share good news. Jud gave Kara a Whited family ring, but they want to get the diamond put into a setting Kara has selected. That's going to take a while. I thought I was going to have to wait a whole nother week to tell even my sisters - but on Friday they relented and announced it on Facebook. Yay! My sis Betso was quick on the draw texting right away. But I heard from all of them in short order. Love my sissies.
2014

Now it's on to wedding planning. The good news is that Kara is good at this stuff, and her mom Renee has been through this twice with her two sons in the past two years. Jud and Kara are already searching for a venue in St. Louis for next spring. They are planning on a fairly small wedding - though they both have pretty big extended fams. This is gonna be fun!  


She said yes!




No comments: