Friday, July 27, 2018

Dogs, Ears, Bikes

The kids came to visit! And they brought the dogs. It was so fun.

Amy and Corey drove to Iowa arriving last Friday Friday at 3 a.m. Paul and I were sound asleep. When they drove up, they came in through the garage. Doggos Franklin and Eros trotted around yet Paul and I didn't hear a thing! Had they been murderers, we'd be dead. We're lucky they were kindly and simply went to bed.

I seriously didn't know they were here at 5 a.m. when Paul got up to go work. I thought perhaps they'd pulled over to snooze at a rest area. Then I heard Franks bark! Later he raced up the stairs for a proper greeting. Have I mentioned how much dogs like me? I like them too. So I've got that going for me. I worked on my laptop and he hung out with me. Franklin is a wiener dog. He wedged his tubular body next to me in my big chair and I missed Odie. Still, it felt good.
Franklin
Eros

Amy, Corey and Eros got up a little later. A short night for them. Soon Amy was off to do girl stuff for Jenna's wedding. Corey and I did lunch at Taco Hangover. Paul and I dropped Corey off for the rehearsal dinner. We went out to eat. Fancy date at Jason's Deli.
Corey and dogs swim time

Paul and I visited the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning. It was a gorgeous day. Later, Paul and Corey took the kayaks out at Raccoon River Park. I had the bright idea to take the puppies for a walk while the guys paddled. The dogs got freaked out when their daddy (Corey) took off on the Titanic (my kayak). We ended up sitting in the truck for a few minutes while they calmed down. They did enjoy the water after poppa got back. It was cute to see Franklin padding his little legs. The pups were wiped out and took long naps later. I felt like a good grandparent.

For lunch, Paul grilled burger sliders with sweet corn snagged from the Farmer's Market. Paul Dad-In-Law pressured Corey into eating more than one ear of corn. Our son-in-law had never heard of this before. It seems South Carolina has a one per person limit. Paul G. claims that as a kid he'd eat 3 or 4 ears. We are the tall corn state after all. Welcome to Iowa Corey! Bring your corn-eating A-game. 
Amy and Jenna

That night Corey and Amy had a fab time at the wedding. They said the view from the Hyperion Club was fabulous! Even after they got back to our house, our little buddy - Franklin decided to sleep with us. On Sunday Corey flew off to Philly. Amy got to make the drive back to Denver with the pups. She tweeted that they were good boys. I missed them all week. (Amy and Corey too). I'm glad we get to see all four kids at Alex and Lisa's wedding soon.

Paul had made plans to meet up with his co-worker Dana and wife Mary at Peace Tree in the East Village on Sunday to bike. It was a glorious day! Our first stop was across the river and Gray's Lake to Confluence Brewery. Who appeared right behind us? Former Creston teachers John and Lois Rose! We laughed that it was One Degree of Separation from our pals Don and Diana McKim - hometown pals of Don. We all sat together on the outside deck and had beers. It was lovely! Later we rode west, backtracking to Mullets for a bite. It was a great day.

I thought back on the weekend Sunday night. We feel very fortunate to be surrounded by loving family and friends. Even when our family lives far away. 

Lois, John, Dana, Mary and us
Looking south












1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Hi there,
Thank you so much for the post you do and also I like your post, Are you looking for dachshund puppies at best rates in the whole USA? We are providing dachshund puppies near me,how much do dachshund puppies cost,miniature dachshund puppies,dachshund puppies iowa,weiner for sale,dapple mini dachshund puppies,dachshund puppies utah,buy dachshund puppies nc,long haired dachshund puppies,dachshund puppies michigan online,buy dachshund puppies in ohio with the well price and our services are very fast.

Click here for MORE DETAILS.....

Email : info@dachshundpuppiesnearme.com

Phone : +15122560473