Monday, February 27, 2017

Spilling my guts

I've said it before - I'm an over-sharer. Others around me are not as...shall we say, forthcoming.
I have loose  (yet very thin) lips. Some people value playing it close to the vest.

I get it. There are many good reasons to keep things to yourself. Like, if they are personal in nature. In fact, I don't like to hear personal stuff from others. TMI baby! Or if others ask you not to tell something. I am good at following directions.

But I have a different mindset than some about sharing information. Sometimes I just put stuff out there for all to see or hear. That way they can share the good/bad with me. stoicism isn't all it's cracked up to be. Holding things in can cause stress. You don't have to carry the load alone.

We had a great weekend celebrating our friend Kari's birthday in Ames, and a big Cyclone victory over Baylor. We took Odie along and stayed all night at Kevin and Kari's house. Our pals Donnie and Diana were in town too. For extra fun, we took the birthday girl to the Tip Top Lounge after the game. High-class joint right there - I hadn't been there since...the 80's.

On Sunday, before we returned to WDM, we got to tour the Sukup Biorenewables Complex where Kevin works. It's a very cool place, where future Ag Engineers learn their stuff.
Sign cut with a water laser

On Sunday night, we got together with all of the McFees who aren't calving. Technically Kristina is now a Carroll, but you get it. Plus we had bonus people, Joanie McFee Bentley and baby Eleanor "Lenny". I didn't get a picture - damn! Lenny was adorable and all of the other people were cute too. We met a Smokey D's BBQ. It was delish.

We were all tired last night. What a good weekend!

No comments: